Sunday, December 25, 2011

Painting Challenge update



My progress so far. Compared to some of my fellow 'challengers', I have not got a huge amount done, but slow and steady progress I guess, is where I am now.

I have assembled the first 15 halftracks and typhoons. The half tracks have been sprayed base coated, and the camo patterns done. I have done these as varied as possible, as much research into this seems to show the vehicles were painted dunkelgelb (dark yellow) at the 'factory' then the crews may be issued paint to add their own camo, so each vehicle would be quite individual.
So I have done a whole mix of spots and stripes in varying thickness and sizes.

I have also done 18 of the 20 halftracks tracks base coated brown - next to do will be to drybrush them boltgun or 'dark silver'.

The typhoons, have been assembled, black undercoated and dark grey base coated. Their flying bases have been sand flocked and painted dark brown.

And that was about it so far...

And then Saturday 24th came around and I finally got a day off work since the Challenge started.

But, chores first; mow the lawns, clean the patio and BBQ ready for Xmas, inflate an fill the kids pre-xmas pool prezzie.



And then finally at about 3pm, I got some time to relax to myself. Its clearly summer here and its just too nice to sit inside and paint. I cant paint outside either, but I figured I could make my last box of halftracks, so I sat in the sun doing that...


Happy Xmas everybody!

6 comments:

  1. Scott,

    I know that you claim to be a `Christmas Curmudgeon`, but nevertheless I wish you a wonderfully joyous Christmas and a healthy and happy New Year graced with many new toys and lots of memorable games.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't be bad sitting outside in the sun fixing your figures! I'm sitting at work, when I really should be tucked up in bed, ready for Father Christmas to deliver my kids their pressies.
    I'm finally getting some painting done for the compo, I'm way behind!!!!!
    But never mind!! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Happy Christmas Scott, to you and your family. Looks like you are going to have a tremendous day! All the very best, Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too like to keep these marvellous Summer days free for family and outdoor pursuits but rest assured there'll be plenty of miserable wet cold ones for painting.
    Seasonal Greetings and a Happy New Year to you and yours Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Chaps.
    It really has been a great year for the blog. Its really taken off this year, in terms of how much blogging I have been able to do, including reading and replying to comments received and leaving comments on other great blogs out there. I have come to know through cyber-space a great community of fellow gamers and painters around the world. Simple amazing! Here's to another great year!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my blog. It is always nice to get feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...